Sunday, November 30, 2008

In an effort to better my technique and brighten my idealistic future I have spent many late nights recording and mixing for my close friends and bandmates. For the select few of my readers who are familiar with the recording process they know that it can be quite draining. But why do I, and these select few, do it? We do it to get the music that we love heard. No matter how much work it is and no matter how many hours it drains from my life I still feel obligated to get each song done. In the long run I consider it fulfilling; after all, it is brightening my idealistic future.
But on a slightly bitter note, I would like to point the irony of my previous paragraph. I say that recording is brightening my future but here I am at quarter to eleven on a Sunday night racing to finish my homework for school that starts too early tomorrow morning. If you call me a procrastinator I will not be insulted. My only reaction may be an overly dramatic look of self loathing on my face.

7 comments:

theteach said...

It sounds as though you have the makings of a future musician who might create musical enjoyment for a greater audience. It seems you choose to dedicate your energies to something you love.

Procrastinator? hmmmm
Perhaps just not focused on other parts of your world. :) :)

What instrument do you play?

Zeus. said...

My friend, I'm glad you put your time and effort into music recording/mixing, because if it weren't for you where would my music be? In my head. And pretty much stuck there. I'm sure by spending time doing something you love instead of doing homework, you're bettering yourself. No offense to the teachers who've given you assignments.
:]

Poseidon said...

To answer 'the teach's' question I play( or at least try to play) guitar, bass guitar, stand-up bass, piano, harmonica, pedal steel, banjo, ukulele, and chromatic percussion. I also enjoy singing. Thank you for your understanding!

theteach said...

Oh, I understand well!!

Your list of instruments is awesome!

Have you recorded on youtube?

Zeus. said...

My friend Poseidon was in the talent show with me along with a few of our other friends last year. There's a recording on youtube of it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaSCufk7qz0

I wrote the song and guitar part and he helped write the different instrument parts. He is quite a talent, if I do say so myself. His own work is quite inspiring to me and enjoyable to others that I've talked to. :]

Zeus. said...

p.s. he's playing the banjo.

theteach said...

Am enjoying your show. :) :)
My sound system on this computer is not so good, so I have trouble understanding all of the lyics. Do you have them written?

If you don't mind sharing, please send to theteach@theteachonline.net